Saturday, November 22, 2008

EXHAUSTED!!

It has been an EXHAUSTING last couple of weeks since the election. I had to make a new post so I am not reminded of how long I have been tired for. We decided at the end of October that we were going to move our office location...but we had to be out of our current building by December 1. We are in a building with 44,000 sq.ft. and we are going to a quaint location that is a little over 1/10th the space. We are SUPER excited, but the amount of work involved is tiring. We have been throwing things away (things that have been there for years), and having MAJOR warehouse sales. We won't have the luxury of a large warehouse anymore, so we had to get rid of most of our inventory to make the move uptown.
Today was the last day of our sale, and EVERYTHING was at least 50% off...most things, much more. We advertised everywhere, and had loads of people. Some people appreciated the great deals (our prices started at the wholesale price-our cost) and they were reduced even further as the sales went on. Today, we had the nickel-and-dimer's and boy, did they test my patience. My customer servicing was not the best...it is a darn good thing I am not in retail. Thinking about it makes me tired!!
So, I promise that I will make a new post very soon...tomorrow even. Since, my last post, I have done some fun things. I went home to see my family (my brother had a baby...well, his wife did), I went to a wedding of a neighbor that I used to babysit, my good friend from 5th grade came to visit, and I have been trying to finish some christmas presents that are super cute (fake food, little aprons, oven mits, and chef hat for my neice). So, that is what you have to look forward too. And Karen, after the holidays, I promise to get back to my quilt, so I can show you what it is looking like. I moved it out of the way for company, and it will have to stay put, so I can finish my Christmas presents.

2 comments:

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

You guys really must be busy! Both you and my mom have been MIA! Wish I was there for the sales!

apple slice said...

Tanya, the wait is making me more eager than ever to see the quilt. :) Really, no worries . . . the holidays are upon us. I've just taken a pan of gingerbread from the oven. Your sale was superb! Thanks for everything!!!