
Now that the month is almost over, I think I should finally post something new. Earlier this month, my good friend came with her 3 boys for a visit. It is actually a funny story how we met. It was 5th grade and I was the attendance monitor that day. I was taking the attendance slip to the principles office, and there was a lady with two kids sitting and waiting. She stops me and asks me if I was mormon (I was wearing my favorite BYU sweatshirt that had a big Y on it with two silouettes of cheerleaders on either side). Being the shy kid and afraid to talk to strangers, I nervously squeaked out a "yes" and never made eye contact. She asked me what grade I was in, I said again shyly "5th". She was so excited that one of her girls was in 5th too, and then asked which teacher I had. She later put Jodie in my class and we became friends. We were in each others classes till I moved to a neighboring town in 10th grade. We both went to BYU, but didn't keep in the best of contact, but got reaquainted a couple years ago. She lives in our town with her family, and when I go home to see my family, I usually try and stop in and say hi. One of these days I will post a picture of us on a field trip...I'll have ot find that one. We used to have the best time together. We spent the night at each others houses a lot...mostly me at hers, because if you spent the night at my house, you had to do chores the next morning...no one really liked that.

So, here is the famous coach. She was so cool when I was a kid. She was 2 years older than I was, and every boy I knew had a crush on her. The boys were so excited to see Aunt Shay. They could hardly wait till the game was over so they could go pounce on her.

"Gabe the Babe" he is the cougars #1 fan!! You can see grandma and grandpa in the background. They were the coolest parents. Grandpa had all sorts of horses and was always outside tinkering in the barn. Your typical cowboy. Grandma was always the perfect hostess. I loved hanging out at their house. Mostly because it was a lot quieter than my house, but they were a great family too. I always felt comfortable there.

We were taking crazy shots of each other...if you go to the Piton Perspective you can see one that Gabe took of me. Not my best picture ever, but he sure did something crazy with the camera, and it looks pretty cool.

Here is "Will the Thrill" except when I called him that, he said very sternly, "I NOT Will the Thrill!!" So I renamed him, "William the Great", to which he loved much better, so that is his name now.

Here is "Sam the Man". Poor little guy, he lost his binkie at my house, and I didn't find it till 2 weeks later, and I just got around to mailing it on Friday (Jodie, you should expect it early this week). I hope he didn't go wanting for too long, but maybe cold-turkey is the best way to break a habit?! Probably not needed when he is only 3 months old, but maybe it will make it that much easier in the long run (at least that is what I will tell myself to make me feel better!)
1 comment:
Yeah! I love it! Oh the memories...should I share the one about you farting? Hmmm, maybe we'll save that one for later! Thanks for sending the binki...Sam sure has missed it! And thanks again for being such a great hostess, we had a blast!
Post a Comment