Monday, February 2, 2009

I thought I should make a new post and let you all know what I have been up to.
I am looking for new employment....It is hard work. It took me about 2 days to update my resume. I want it to look perfect! In my line of work, the visual is very important. So, I have done that, and applied to a couple different places. Right now I am applying online to a bunch of different job hunting websites. Hopefully between them all, something will turn up. I am going to visit my sisters next week, and I have a couple things that I can do while I am there, so the job searching doesn't come to a complete halt while I am away.
If any of you have any advice, I would love to hear it. I figure finding a job should be my new job. It isn't a full time job...but I am devoted a lot of my time to it. I hang out at Maren's house a lot. That is fun, and gets me out of my house. Last week, I walked 16 miles...that is pretty good! I made a castle cake for Olivia's birthday party. While babysitting Maren's kids one moring, I took a great nap and woke up with Olivia standing over me saying "Tanya, Momma made chocolate chip cookies, they are delicious! Do you want one?" What a way to wake up!
Today, I need to clean my room, I have some girls from church coming over tomorrow for a movie night. That is top priority today after I finish up this last resume. Hopefully it will go fast, I need to take a nap. I am pretty crabby today. A crotchity old man opened a door for me and I said "thank you" but he didn't hear me, so he yelled "you're welcome!" I then said, "thank you" again, a little louder, and he snapped back, "well, I had to drag it out of you!" I then snapped back, "I said thank you, you just didn't hear me, (jerk, softly so he couldn't hear)" .
When you call an old crotchity man a jerk, I think it is time for a nap!

2 comments:

Dani said...

I can't believe it! I've been so behind on blogging lately and I had no idea! I'm so sorry about your job and you'll be in my prayers for a speedy and successful job search! Lots of love...

apple slice said...

Yes, the hard of hearing create regretful experiences. Sigh. It will not improve with time. I love to eat cookies. Glad you're spending time with the fam!