Today I got the dreaded pink slip!! The interior design industry has been suffering for quite a while, and honestly I have been expecting it for the last couple years. However, I didn't expect it today. I thought I was brought along for moral suppport...till I was handed a bouquet of flowers, and I instantly couldn't breath. We all cried and laughed our butt's off for about 2 hours. My boss was heartbroken about it, and she was struggling to get it out. At our largest we were a company of 130ish employees. We (they) now only have 10 or 11. Each person does something absolutely necessary for the survival of the company, so I don't know what will happen if they have to do more layoffs. We all were promised our jobs back if we got more work. She even thought about giving us a leave of abscence for a couple of months, but she wanted us to be able to do what we needed to survive, and didn't want to limit us.
Anyway, I don't know what to say, I am heartbroken over it. I feel like I just got served divorce papers. This company has been a big part of my life for the last 10 years. I have grown in more ways I could ever have imagined. I have made great friends that I will know for life, and I have learned a lot about the working world, and the world in general.
So, if any of you know of any work out there for an interior designer...spread the word!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tanya, darling! It was I who screamed your name in the street. I thought you looked so lovely with the ivory flowers and creamy blouse. I had no idea it was the end of an era for you. And, might I add, the start of a new one. I mourn and look ahead, at once.
I was shocked to hear the news today! What a bummer! Like my mom said, let's figure out how to put our talents to good use and get rich!
Tanya,
I got your note from the BLOG, I actually was able to land a job as of Feb 16: I am with Kollin Altomare Architects in Long Beach, they specialize in Hospitality for high end hotels in CA and HI. They also do residential work. It is a small firm of about 8. my new work email is mmorrill@kollinaltomare.com
my personal email is still
morrilldesign@gmail.com
give a call when you get a chance. the new home phone is 949-429-5770.
M@
Post a Comment