Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I was able to go visit my friend Rachel today! A couple of years ago, she moved away to pursue her masters degree. Luckily for me, she is near my family, so we can visit when I am in town. And to make it doubly exciting, we were able to have such a feast for lunch. Years ago, we went to a New Years party, and I stayed over at her house instead of driving back to my house. We woke up and decided to make a decadent spread for our New Year's breakfast. Complete with edibles that represent things that we wish for in the new year (mostly silly things). Today we started with poached eggs. Then we went about town hanging out, and we were hungry again. We got pizza (just because it is good), made a yummy arugula salad (that represents money and prosperity), made a yummy mocktail of pommegranate juice and bubbly water (that represents rubys and treasures, or blood which is life, which would mean good health), and then we topped it off with golden donut gems. It is a silly tradition, and since then I have made sure I eat something yummy on the new year.
So what doese the new year hope to bring for me....health, a stable economy so I can keep my job, love (to love and to be loved), and comfort. Oh, and I decided I am not going to drink soda for an entire year...maybe forever...we'll see! I figure if I can go off sugar for 3 months, I can do anything.
Happy new year to you all!
p.s. I look tired and disgusting...I got up at 4:30 to take my sister and her husband to the airport. Thankfully, Rachel was willing to let me crash at her house, and let me sleep for 3 more hours. I am still tired, but it was a fun visit.

3 comments:

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

I had Odwalla and sparkling water today too! {the anti-champagne person's mimosa}

Tanya said...

You'll have good health for the year too!!

apple slice said...

Tanya, awesome image! And, great report. I was just thinking how great you looked. Love the long sleeve t and short sleeve t from you both! I heard from a good source you are supposed to eat stuff on NY Day for the NY. That is a great tradition and one I will implement. Next year. :)